This is my all time favorite caramel popcorn. I use air popped corn which makes it lighter and fluffier.
You can add anything that you want to it. I have used peanuts, coconut, pretzels, walnuts, etc.
1 cup butter -I use unsalted
2 cups brown sugar -I use dark brown sugar
1/2 cup corn syrup -white
1 teaspoon salt-I don’t usually add the salt if I’m adding pretzels or salted nuts.
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or to taste
5 quarts popped popcorn
Nuts, or add in’s like: pretzels, etc.
1. Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
2. Pop the popcorn into a very large baking pan. (if using an air popper)
3. In a medium saucepan over medium heat(#6 on my electric stove), melt butter.
4. Stir in brown sugar, corn syrup and salt.
5. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, boil without stirring 4 minutes.
6. Remove from heat and stir in soda and vanilla bean paste.
7. Pour over popcorn, stir to coat all the popcorn.
8. Bake in preheated oven, stirring every 15 minutes, for about an hour.
9. Remove from oven and let cool completely in pan before breaking into pieces.
This is Carmel Popcorn with Pretzels and Peanuts- the pretzels are so good in this. Salty sweet with a lot of crunch.